Step 1: Complete the Arizona Notary Public Application
The application form to become an Arizona notary public is available for download here:
Arizona Notary Public Application
Please print the "Notary Application Form" and complete it as follows:
- Print your name exactly as you want your notary commission to be issued.
- Show your middle initial or name only if you intend to use it when signing as a notary public.
- List the physical location of your residence; you are commissioned from your home address.
- Fill in all of the blanks on the form and sign the application exactly as your name is printed.
- The signature on the application you submit must be original.
New and Renewing Notary Packages
Renewing Notary Packages do not come with a notary journal
Our New and Renewing Notary Packages DO NOT include your required $5,000 Arizona Notary Bond. The State of Arizona requires purchasing a notary bond, which you will need to send along with your notary application.
Step 2: Order your Official $5,000 Arizona Notary Bond separately.
Each applicant for the office of notary public for the State of Arizona is required to purchase a 4-year $5,000 Arizona notary bond in duplicate form. Please visit The Notary's Store you will be entering the Arizona section. We offer a New Notary Supply Package and a Renewing Notary Supply Package which includes your required Arizona Notary Seal/Stamp and Arizona Notary Journal, and other needed notary supplies at a special reduced price, but you will need to order your required $5,000 Arizona Notary Bond separately. To order, enter all required information and scroll down through the page to locate the notary packages, or you can purchase your notary supplies separately. Follow the onscreen instructions through checkout and your supplies will be sent to you as soon as your order is processed, and will be shipped in usually no more than 1 business day. Once you have your official bond and have made a copy of the actual bond for your records you may proceed with step 3.
Step 3: Check your Application Package
Your application materials should include the following:
Be sure to verify that the above items are present and completed correctly.
- The original application with the original signature.
- The duplicate copy of the bond, if you want the Secretary of State to match the dates. Please remember, your bond cannot be issued more than 60 days before or 30 days after the Secretary of State commissions you as a notary.
- Check or money order in the amount of $25.00 made payable to the "Secretary of State".
Step 4: Send your Completed Application Packet to:
Secretary of State, Notary Section
1700 W. Washington, 7th Floor
Phoenix, AZ 85007-2888
Mail the following to the Clerk of the Superior Court of the county in which you reside
The original bond (notarized and including the original signature).
Check or money order in the amount of $18.00 made payable to the "Clerk of the Superior Court".
Click Here for a list of the Clerks of the Superior Court
DO NOT SEND YOUR NOTARY APPLICATION TO THE SUPERIOR COURT CLERK.
After you receive your official surety bond, be sure to make a copy of the actual bond for your records.
Step 5: Receive your Arizona Notary Commission information and order your supplies from The Notary's Store
Once you receive your commission information from the Clerk of Superior Court in the county of your primary residence, you will be ready to begin your duties as a commissioned notary public.
Note: An Errors and Omissions Insurance Policy does not replace a bond, but will help to repay the bonding company if a claim is ever made. Errors and Omissions is not required by law, but may be purchased as it protects the notary public and pays for any charges the notary might owe for legal fees and costs should the notary be sued.